Here we are in the dead of winter and it’s time to start preparing for the upcoming cycling season. I’ve spent a great deal of time going over the things I’d like to accomplish before summer arrives and here’s what I have come up with.
The January to June Challenge includes:
1. Attend at least 4 spin classes every week.
2. Meet with specialized cycling nutritionist and trainer to maximize results.
3. Drop fat down to at least 10% and increase lean muscle mass.
4. Prepare for and ride in Metric Century on April 27th, 2013.
5. Prepare for and run 5K in May
6. Prepare for and ride in Century in May
7. Prepare for and run 10K in June
8. Ride at least 500 road miles each month in March and April. 750 Miles in May and June.
This is just a beginning for the summer activities that I’m hoping to accomplish.
Last year I had great success in dropping 30 pounds of fat and improve my overall health. This year I’m going to take it one step further and really push myself to get into the best shape I’ve ever been in. I’m confident that I’ll succeed. I have very obtainable goals and I will coordinate all aspects of my life to help facilitate these goals (family, work, school, etc).
In June I’ll set more goals for July, August and September. I will be planning on riding more Centuries in the summer months and I will be preparing to ride the LOTOJA race in September. Hard work, determination, precise diet, and relevant training will be my road to success.
In addition to my cycling goals, I have promised my wife that I will run at least one 1/2 marathon with her near the end of the summer.
I have a lot to accomplish and the January to June Challenge begins this week.